Re: [artworks] Minor mouse scroll wheel query

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:13:55 +0200

In message <4f045a9f53riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> EasiWriter, StrongED, NetSurf all respond to my newly acquired
> Logitech optical mouse scroll-wheel - why doesn't ArtWorks? Pure
> curiosity.

ArtWorks works fine with scroll-wheels, you just need proper support
for it in the OS. RISC OS 5 does not fully support the scroll wheel -
on a vanilla RO5 system there are quite a few other applications that
are not happy with it either. Whether it works depends on which
specific scrolling method the application uses.

Paul Reuver's excellent HID (http://www.xat.nl/en/riscos/sw/usb/) adds
full support for scroll wheels, which makes it work in many additional
applications, including ArtWorks.