Re: [artworks] Magnetism

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:25:04 +0100

In message <50342ad3c0kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where might I find a description of what a magnetic layer actually does?

The manual would be a good start. :-)

ArtWorks 2 manual, Chapter 4 "Object handling", Section "Magnetic
objects".

> For a long time now all I've ever done is accidentally click on the wee
> magnet icon, but I've never been able to work out what is supposed to
> happen.

> Presumably things snap to each other, or to the grid, or ????. I see no
> evidence of it as I move things around.

The pointer snaps to the outlines of all objects on magnetic layers
while magnetic snapping is on. Also, the edges and midpoints of
dragged objects snap to the outlines of objects on magnetic layers.