Re: [artworks] Magnetic rectangles

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:23:48 GMT

In message <30646c684f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <c6044e664f.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I have a rectangle on a background layer which has been made magnetic.
>> In a foreground layer, I tried to align a graphic (JPEG) exactly in
>> the corner of the rectangle.

[snip explanation]

>> Is this a limitation of the Arranger module -- it can only snap to one
>> element at a time?

> Yes. Snapping to several objects at the same time would require curve
> intersections to be computed while you drag which sounds pretty
> advanced.

That does sound hairy ;-) Thanks for the explanation.

I just experimented with using Extra grids as a work-round, and
noticed that while "Snap to grid" is greyed out, "Pull base lines onto
grid" is not, and works correctly (this is with a JPEG, and the normal
grid disabled). Is that deliberate?

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!