Re: [artworks] Looking for Artworks tutorials? Celtic knotwork

  • From: Robert Cookson <bob_cookson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:42:30 +0100 (BST)

Hi

Might the answer to your problem be the method used to
draw roads for maps?

Draw a line of 12pts thickness, for example, then copy
and paste it on top of the first line, change the
colour of the second line to yellow or white and
reduce the thickness to 8pts perhaps.

There are a number of books on the subject of drawing
celtic knotwork. I have found it useful to place a
scan of a piece of knotwork on the background layer
and then work on other layers.

Hope this helps

Bob Cookson

--- Richard Ashbery