Re: [artworks] Layers control

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:58:21 +0100

In message <aa4816da4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4e37d6f9b2gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In article <f84897374e.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > [Snip]
> >
> >> So, a feature request: could the Layer control window have an option to
> >> be permanently on-screen, like the Colour Bar? I can think of some other
> >> useful enhancements to the Layers UI, but they can wait -- this one
> >> would be a *major* improvement for me ;-)
> >
> > I'd agree with Chris on this - it would be a really useful change.
>
> OK, I have added an option to have a permanent layer list. It is
> opened like the current layers menu, but once opened it stays on
> screen until you explicitly close it. When you change document (or
> page), the contents of the window update automatically to reflect the
> layers of the current document/page.

Wonderful news. I'll be at Wakefield to upgrade :-)

> I can imagine that the permanent layer list will make a huge
> difference to everyone make serious use of layers.

Absolutely. And I think it will encourage people to use the facilty much
more. Many thanks!

As for the "other useful enhancements" mentioned above, I meant
facilities like shift-clicking on a layer to 'turn off' visibility of
all (foreground only?) layers except the selected one, and ctrl-click to
make *all* layers visible ... that kind of thing. These are refinements
though -- the big difference will be having the dialogue always
on-screen :-)

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!