Re: [artworks] Jaggd edges on ClipView object

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:55:11 +0100

In message <523f896cf4riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any way of improving the look of a ClipView object to
> eliminate jagged edges around say a circle? I would have expected a
> smoother result with full anti-aliasing (CTRL-Shift-F5).

Anti-aliasing happens when rendering shapes, lines or text. If you
apply a ClipView, the objects inside render with anti-aliasing, but
the ClipView itself is rendered with a "hard" vector edge without any
anti-aliasing.

> The original object consisted of a group of rectangulars with
> different colour graduations completely filling a square. The ClipView
> object was a circle with outline of None. When the Clipview is placed in
> front of a black background the jagged edges are clearly visible.

The only way to achieve anti-aliasing is to give the clipping path an
outline colour. The outline is then rendered with anti-aliasing on top
of the page background and the ClipView contents.