Re: [artworks] JPegs into Impression via Artworks -- an MW trick

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:32:21 +0200

In message <863e7ee74e.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <jim.nagel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> at Wakefield i asked Martin Wuerthner if the process of zeroing the
> photo like this could could be made a bit simpler. off the top of his
> head -- he hadnt actually tried this trick -- he suggested that it
> might work to set up a special page of Artworks "stationery" with a
> huge grid -- with lines say 30cm apart, far bigger than the page, so
> that (0,0) would be the only grid point in sight. then all i would
> need to do is select the photo and do Ctrl-P (snap to grid).

Since then I noticed that you can even use this trick without changing
the grid size (and hence without the need to use any special
stationery) simply because with any kind of grid on, once you have
pulled the JPEG onto a grid point, it is very quick and easy to drag
it to the origin (which is also a grid point). The advantage of the
stationery method is that you can have the grid switched on in the
stationery document.