Re: [artworks] Illustrator export

  • From: Nigel Gatherer <gatherer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:25:41 +0100

In article <46b127334f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > files that DW produces open fine in my Illustrator on the Mac.

> So, what is wrong with the Illustrator files produced by ArtWorks?
> Why go one extra step? By going via Draw format you lose even more
> information, most notably all CMYK colours.

I know that would happen...

In my experience, I have had fewer problems importing from DrawWorks
than I have importing from Artworks. Having said that, it has been a
while now since I have tried it. Has the export improved, or changed
over the past couple of years? When I have time, I'll test both again,
and report my results here.

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff
StrongARM RiscPC 700, RiscOS 3.7, 32Mb ram