Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Chris <smart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 00:08:44 +0000 (GMT)

In article <45A92B91.5040804@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of the most common tasks I have to perform with vector drawing
> applications is placing lots of individual text labels on diagrams
> and maps, each typically a single word or, occasionally, two words
> on separate lines. Powerful though they are, Text areas in
> Artworks are not ideal for this purpose --- quite cumbersome in
> fact (create the text area, type in the text, resize the text
> area). Using the standard text tool is much easier; however, text
> entered that way cannot be edited --- you can't mix normal and
> italic, superscript, etc.

This is just what my Text>Draw tool was created for - entering e.g.
chemical formulae or maths equations into Draw for annotating
diagrams. It should also work for ArtWorks.

An older version is at

      http://www.chris-johnson.org/software/index.html

in the Utilities section. I am currently working on an enhanced
version - if anyone would like a test copy let me know.

      Chris...

--
Chris Johnson