Re: [artworks] How to remove spurious font references?

  • From: Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 16:10:31 GMT

In message <2c2f559f4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <f0331e9f4e.zen44412@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The Artworks sample file 'Flyer' (containing the text 'HEAVEN ON EARTH')
> > always warns me that it contains the AvantG.Demi font which /may/ be
> > replaced with Homerton.Medium. Except that as far as I can see, that font
> > isn't in use anywhere within the image. Is it?
>
> Yes. It is the font used for the text "HEAVEN ON EARTH".

Oh, OK. But when I tried to change the font (from the substituted Homerton
to something else) - in an attempt to confirm that it actually was in use -
nothing I did altered the appearance of the text. I eventually wrongly
decided that it had been converted to an outline. Was I doing something
wrong? If a font in an image is unavailable, it looks like you can't change
it to one you have got. That doesn't seem very sensible.

<snip>

> I have just uploaded the complete family to the ArtWorks 2.6 support page,
> so you can download it from there. Users of ArtWorks 1 have the complete
> family anyway.

TYVM!

> Martin
Simon Smith
--
The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence.
Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is