Re: [artworks] High processor usage by ArtWorks reported in TaskUsage

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:20:50 +0200

In message <5386fa520friscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been investigating a serious slow down problem on my Iyonix. I
> know that ArtWorks isn't the cause of this but why does TaskUsage
> report such a high reading of processor usage (typically 46-50% in
> stand-by). I'm sure someone told me why this is (it might have been
> Martin) but I've forgotten - can someone remind me please?

For technical reasons ArtWorks uses a little processing time all the
time. If the computer is otherwise idle and nothing else uses any CPU
time, then for obvious reasons what ArtWorks uses comes out as a
rather high percentage, but that is pretty harmless because as soon as
any other program starts using the CPU to do some serious work the
little ArtWorks uses will not make any noticeable difference.