Re: [artworks] Hestitation while loading

  • From: John McCartney <j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:39:58 +0100

In article <4faff74993j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, I
<j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that sometimes
> there is a hesitation when ArtWorks loads. The splash
> screen gets to Groups and then pauses for about 4 or 5
> seconds before continuing at its normal (extremely rapid)
> pace. When it doesn't pause, it loads in about 3 seconds
> - maybe less.

As was identified, AVG8 was suspicious of something in
!Groups. Over on c.s.a.apps, David Pitt has pointed out
that AVG8 can be configured to leave nominated directories
alone.

In Tools->Advanced settings->Resident Shield->Exceptions,
Groups can be set to be ignored. I've been successfully
running with this set and now ArtWorks loads without any
hesitation.

John

--
John McCartney