Re: [artworks] HatchPro on A9home

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:03:49 +0200

In message <Marcel-1.53-0703003407-b49cx2*@riscpc.my.home>
          Hans Heinsbroek <jheinsbroek@xxxxxx> wrote:

> When using HatchPro I noticed that the Spots and Hex Spots type get
> smeared out.
> This is when Artworks is run on the A9home.
> The same action on RPC and Omega give the correct result.
> Example at http://home.tiscali.nl/voordeur/Features/AWproblem.html
> [...]

Interesting. Yes, I get this problem here as well.

> Is this a RO problem or a hidden AW problem that comes to surface?

It cannot be a RISC OS problem because RISC OS is not involved in
rendering pattern fills. Besides, the problem occurs with Draw export
as well, so it is clearly a problem with clipping the pattern elements
(i.e., in this case, the spots) to the clipping path. The most likely
candidate for any failure would have been the path clipping code in
GDraw but this seems to work OK because as far as I can see, the
"Intersect" feature works fine. So, the problem must occur in the
HatchPro code that calls the GDraw shape clipping code.

RISC OS is not involved, so that leaves only the processor, but I have
no idea what kind of code would work on all the processor types we
have seen so far (ARM6, ARM7, StrongARM, XScale and emulators) but not
on the ARM9 core as used in the A9Home.