Re: [artworks] Extra angle in Choices > Angle constraint

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:51:14 +0100

In article <mpro.lolo4a0000xx60062.tim@xxxxxxxxx>, Tim Powys-Lybbe
<tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16 Jul at 17:18, Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <df6abaf351.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin

> No, there is me doing some geometric artwork out here.

> And yesterday I had a problem trying to draw a circle made up of 20
> equal sectors: I simply could not work out how to do it.

You mean like this.......

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~riscos/problems/20-seg.zip

Entirely drawn in ArtWorks - as you can see it can be done but takes
quite a lot of time as it involves cutting a circle into 1/20th
section, using a 20 segment circular grid as a guide. Two straight
lines are then drawn from the origin to intersect the circle - the three
sections would then have to be joined to form a filled shape. This only
creates a single segment so you still have to clone and rotate to form
the rest.

> I tried Rosemary Miskin's Draw Lots, but that would only do one
> sector at a time.

DrawLots is a great time saver - this is a good method.

> Then I had the brilliant idea of using Schema2 to do a 20 sector
> pie chart with 20 equal bits of data.  Job done!  (And the
> pie-chart can be output as a drawfile.)

Sounds good if you have Schema.

> Afficionados will want to know that what I was trying to do was to
> draw a heraldic shield with a border gobony in white and blue
> (argent and azure to be precise).

I have seen some of your shields and very good they look too.

Richard