Re: [artworks] Extra AW tools

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:19:15 +0100

> ickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Macro - AW is way too slow  - sometimes I want to move an object from
>> one part of the screen to another using the arrow keys. At the moment
>> it takes 30 seconds to move an object from side to side of an A4 page
>> with an arrow key with the shift held down. It takes several minutes
>> to do it without the shift key.
 Nick K  wrote
> takes 4 seconds (ctrl) here 14 just >>
> curious...if its that slow why not use the mouse with ctrl held down?

It seems to depend on the magnification.
I have just retested at 100% and moved a rectangle edge to edge.
It took 78 seconds.
Holding Ctrl makes no difference to the speed.
Holding Shift it took 15 seconds.

The reason I'm not using the mouse is that the objects are tiny and
hard to grab. They are easy to select with a select drag rectangle and
then easy but slow to move with the keys.
In one application there are several hundred objects that have to be
moved and placed precisely. Using Xara, which has 5 levels of nudging
it is an easy if somewhat tedious job. With Artworks it is very much
harder.
John

--
MUG RISC OS Christmas Show Saturday 6 December 2008 -
http://mug.riscos.org