Re: [artworks] Extra AW tools

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:21:28 +0000

Martin Wuerthner wrote:
In message <cf0df40450.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<87be830450.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner  wrote:

Martin, as you are looking at the next major release I repeat my plea
for improved nudging. I would like more control at macro and micro
ends of the scale.
Macro - AW is way too slow  ...

You can always use the Translate tool which allows you to use a much larger distance per keypress ...

At the micro level I would like to be able to move (nudge) an object
precisely.

What is wrong with the Move tool? It allows you to position any of the 9 reference points (top left, top middle, top right, middle left, etc.) of any object precisely.

I tried to add to this thread yesterday, but my email seems to have disappeared ...

How precisely does the AW coordinate system allow an object to be positioned? The MoverTool info bar shows X and Y coordinates to 2 places of decimals (1/100mm). But, unless I am seeing things, it seems to be possible to move an object in smaller steps (1/1000mm?). If so, in a future release of AW, would it be possible to have the info bar show the X and Y coordinates to the precision allowed by the system?

Also, any chance of combining the Mover and Resizer Tools into a single Transform Tool, so that the info bar shows X, Y, Width and Height ... and resizing/moving could be done in a single operation? There seems to be space on the info bar for this.
--
C.B.