Re: [artworks] Exporting graduated fills

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:47:14 +0100

In message <237958884f.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an ArtWorks file containing a couple of closed shapes with
> graduated fills.  Both seem to display correctly on screen, and when used
> in other applications via AWViewer.  The file can be found at

>   http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~sfryatt/temp/awprob.zip

> If I export the image as a drawfile, the bottom shape is correctly
> graduated, while the top one is just a solid green.  Can anyone suggest
> what I'm doing wrong?  As far as I know, the two shapes were created in
> exactly the same way.

> ArtWorks 2.75 on RISC OS 5.13, if that's relevant.

If you export to draw, drop the file back into artworks, select and
completely ungroup you will find that your original two shapes have
been converted to 14 shapes and 34 shapes for top and bottom
respectively.

In the case of the top shape there is one big shape and 13 tiny shapes
which are shaded.

The bottom 34 shapes fare rather better. If you magnify the shaded bit
you can see what is going on.

If you make the shaded portion a bit bigger it does show up in the
draw file.

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk