Re: [artworks] Exporting AW Drawings

  • From: Mark Wiggin <mark.wiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:36:43 +0100

In message <4e3eb0238fbric@xxxxxxx> you wrote:

> I would like to stick to vector format files for the obvious
> reasons but some people will certainly want to use a bitmap in
> MSWord. I can export files directly from AW in SVG or PDF format
> and several bitmap formats.  What I need advice on is which will
> be the most useful for my inexpert customers.  I really don't
> want to have to produce lots of files at different sizes for
> different people.  This must be a common enough situation but not
> one I have experienced.

Assuming that the logo doesn't make use of ArtWorks features like
transparency etc. or contain bitmaps, one solution that I find works
very well is to save as Draw, then convert the file into a .wmf with
Sherston Software's excellent !Draw2WMF program (£10.00).

I know .wmf is not a great format, but for relatively straightforward
lgos it works fine, imho.

--
Mark Wiggin