Re: [artworks] Dutch translation

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:00:46 +0100

Dear Martin,

So, if I understand correctly, Paste is translated to Plak in Dutch?
All right, then I think that Hans Muyderman's suggestion will do.

{ / Off topic:}
I've often tried to think of well sounding Dutch terms as a translation of
the common Computer Speak, but I never managed to find anything as clear
and short as the original English words. But that could very well be a
result of one of my many personal limitations, of course.

On the other hand, I never sticked to properly done Dutch translations by
others (Impression, RISC OS) for more than one or two days. For some
reason, the common words, such as Save and Delete and Quit etc, loose much
of their obviousness when you read Bewaar and Verwijder and Stoppen - even
for a native and dedicated Dutch speaker.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers