Re: [artworks] Dutch translation

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:32:19 +0100

In message <4ea01e340dPaul@xxxxxxxx>
          Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> "Paste in place"
>
> Perhaps "Zet precies terug"? (something like: Put back exactly)

Thanks, but I think it should use the same word as used for the
standard "Paste" entry to make it clear that it is a special kind of
paste.

> How would you translate it into German? (That could be helpful to find a
> proper Dutch formulation...)

I have translated it literally: "Am Platz einfügen". Just like the
English entry that is not entirely clear, but a menu entry cannot
always tell you the whole story. "Am Ursprungsort einfügen" ("Paste in
original position") would be much better, but it is a bit long.