Re: [artworks] Dodgy Draw file

  • From: Kell <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:20:10 +0000 (GMT)

On 19 May, John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest what I might do to fix this problem? I've loaded
> > the file into Draw, changed something minor and saved it out again -
> > in the hope that Draw would fix whatever's wrong. Tried the same with
> > TextEase.

> Whatever the problem is - why not convert all the text to path?

As Martin is about to find out, there's an awful lot of text! So it would
kind of defeat the object: the PDF would be large for no particular good
reason.

The file is at http://www.locationworks.com/private/artworks/new.zip if
anyone wants to look at it.

It was created by a bit of my own software that takes a Draw template
containing many text fields such as "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". My app inserts
new text into the Draw file. I wrote the app many years ago, and don't
feel inclined to change it now!

Hopefully there's some minor tweak that can be made to Artworks, fingers
crossed.

--
Kell Gatherer
kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx