Re: [artworks] Curious Circular-grid effect on Multi-page option

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:16:11 +0100

In article <f7d91cfb4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4efb16e72ariscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Circular-grid in Multiple pages

> > Try this.........

> > Create a two page document. Display a circular grid
> > (CTRL-Shift-G) on the first page. Hit Page-down key for second
> > page. Display circular grid on page two. Hit Page-Up to return to
> > page 1. Observe that the grid disappears and also disappears from
> > page 2*.
> >
> > * The Circular grid is listed twice in Layers window (page 1).

> Thanks for the report. Yes, I see - the extra grids are currently
> not compatible with multiple pages. I simply did not think about
> them when I added the multi page capabilities.

> There is a very simple workaround: After enabling the grid on the
> first page, drag the Grid layer to the "Master background" section.
> Then, it will continue to work normally on all pages.

Works a treat Martin.

Multi-pages is truly an excellent addition - many thanks for the above
information and implementation.

A minor thing - is there a better way to identify multi-page documents
- I usually add a suffix..... _m when saving them. What about auto
recognition and an icon change to show this.

Regards

Richard