Re: [artworks] Convert jpeg to Sprite for ButtonBar

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:32:46 +0200

In message <5143b7591criscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been using ArtWorks (V2.X.00) to create some button Sprites for
> David Lewellyn Jones Button bar (V1.62) program. Starting with a full
> size jpeg (600x600 for example) I use the bitmap export option to
> resize to a Width of 20 pixels, Height 20 pixels and then convert and
> save as a Sprite. When I load the image in Paint I get a thin
> horizontal white band at the top and a thin vertical band on the
> right-hand-side.

> This is not what I would expect - any ideas why?

I suspect this is down to rounding errors in the OS JPEG rendering
routines. You can see the same effect when scaling down the view
accordingly, or when scaling down the JPEG to exactly 20 pixels width
and then looking at it at 100% scaling. In both cases the rendering is
out by one or two pixels with respect to a reference path object.