Re: [artworks] Connecting mirrored objects

  • From: Peter Burt <asg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArtWorks <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:36:57 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4ebab2fceaa-graphics@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Ashbery <a-graphics@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To get balance when creating an object outline I trace only one half,
> clone it and mirror it. Is there a simple way of joining the 2 halves
> together to enable the new object to be coloured.

> Please refer to zipped artworks file for a graphic explanation of the
> problem:
Hi, your Fig 2 turn grid lock off, hilight one line, click on & move the
node away a bit, then click with adjust on the other line, then drag with
select the original node you moved, over the top of the end node on second
line until it turns blue, release and it is joined, repeat with other end of
your shape. Took 10 tens longer to write this than doing the job..

--
Art Signs and Graphics
Peter Burt Leigh-on-Sea