Re: [artworks] Comparing with Xara

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:10:35 +0100

<cd537dd44f.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt  wrote:

> I've been asked a question by a Xara user, concerning a number of features
> which he recently demonstrated to some RISC OS users.  The query is which
> of the features are also available in ArtWorks.

> All the operations concern two (or more) shapes, and examples are in a
> graphic at

>   http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~sfryatt/temp/arranging.png

> I can see how to do 'joined' and 'intersected' (Lines/Shapes -> Join
> shapes and Lines/Shapes -> Intersect ...), but so far can't spot obvious
> candidates for any of the others.

> So, can 'added', 'subtracted' (1 & 2) and 'sliced' (1 & 2) be done in
> ArtWorks?  If yes, are the features AW2 specific?

Steve
Addition and subtraction of shapes is possible and is covered in the
Artworks documentation ...Examples.Intersect.

There are 8 files each of which covers a different use for Intersect.

Addition is covered in file Intersect5, and subtraction in Intersect6.

John

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk