Re: [artworks] Cloning in Rotation Tool

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:45:31 +0100

In article <ae16568c50.signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nick K
<signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <508ba98530riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I really wanted to do this 'more efficiently' in AW and not
> > employ another package (I already use the excellent DrawLots for
> > spirals and sine curves). It's not so important as my method does
> > work - however the number of steps makes it frustrating.

> I still stand by my suggestion - it costs nothing, is more accurate
> than rotate by eye, and does the calculations for you (try 7
> spokes)

The method I use does not use guess work (if that's what you mean by
rotate by eye) and is fully described in my original email
- perhaps I have misunderstood you?

> Even with the best method you could do in artworks - vector >
> radiate can do it in less than half the time So you either 'want
> to do it more efficiently or its not so important'?

As I have already replied to Tim (who kindly gave me the details of
the Vector download) I'll have a look.

> perhaps with vector being available to all maybe Martin could have
> a look and see what an essential tool radiate is and incorporate
> it in the next upgrade?

I would like to see more done in this 'important' area and a host of
other things - blends along curves/feathering/bevelling/shadow etc -
many of which are limited by sadly a lack of fast processors.

Best regards

Richard