Re: [artworks] Clipping Question

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:05:34 +0100

In article <6742593851.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1. Place outline shape (clipping path) behind image using CTRL-B
> > 2. Save clipping path to clipboard (CTRL-C).
> > 3. Adjust-click on image.
> > 4. Apply ClipView....... CTRL-Shift-K.

> This is unnecessarily complicated and even slightly wrong. Your > method
> combines the effort from the two alternative methods of applying a
> ClipView. Not only that, it also adds another unwanted copy of the
> clipping path to the ClipView. To do it properly, you should EITHER:
>
> * make sure the clipping path is behind the object to be clipped
> * select BOTH the clipping path and the object to be clipped
> * choose "Apply ClipView" or press Ctrl-Shift-C
>
> OR
>
> * select just the clipping path (can be anywhere, e.g., on top of the
>   object to be clipped)
> * press Ctrl-X
> * select just the object to be clipped (in this case, the image)
> * choose "ClipView from clipboard" or press Ctrl-Shift-K

Thanks Martin for your corrections and sorry for the misinformation
folks! For some inexplicable reason I followed your "Applying clipping
path from the clipboard" instructions in the ArtWorks 2 Quick Guide
erroneously.

Thanks also to Mark for raising the question initially. I use this
tool a lot so applying it correctly will hopefully save me time.

Richard