Re: [artworks] Clipping Question

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:21:37 +0100

In article
<a532a856d8323a20beacae0c2f6ccb4e.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could someone please remind me how to clip a picture in ArtWorks,
> > please?
> >
> > I have a photo which I need to edit so that the background is
> > removed, leaving only the person's face.
> >

> put the outline shape BEHIND the image, select both then apply
> clipview

My experience indicates that unless this is done exactly as per the
steps below it will not work reliably. My method which has never let
me down is as follows:

1. Place outline shape (clipping path) behind image using CTRL-B (as
above).
2. Save clipping path to clipboard (CTRL-C).
3. Adjust-click on image.
4. Apply ClipView....... CTRL-Shift-K.

Note... the clipping path can be any shape you like.

Regards

Richard