Re: [artworks] Bullets?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:45:04 +0100

In message <mpro.kh7ret0000d7m005g.tim@xxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <50bd0e4350.signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> ctrl-t would be handy too
>>
>> For transposing characters? Yes, why not.

> The long established Swap case is CTRL-S (or in OPro, Shift-Ctrl-S).  And
> that for swapping characters as in 'tow' when you meant to write 'two' is
> Control-Q (OPro does Shift-Ctrl-Q).

Actually, Impression does Ctrl-Shift-Q, too, so as far as RISC OS
goes, this is the long established transpose shortcut.

> Both of these functions can correctly
> be described as transposing so I would regret Ctrl-T.

Well, we cannot win here. Since the shortcuts of ArtWorks text lines
differ from those in Impression/OvationPro, the one I choose can
either be inconsistent with the rest of ArtWorks or inconsistent with
other applications. Guess, which one is more logical. It would be mad
to say that you need a different shortcut for transposing characters
in ArtWorks text areas than in ArtWorks text lines. That said, I think
nothing stops us from having Ctrl-Shift-Q as well.

> Perhaps the solution is to allow the user to set up their own keys for a
> range of shortcuts?  More work, I know :-(

Not really an option. If you had the choice between several new useful
fixed shortcuts or a single one that you can set up yourself, which
one would you choose?