Re: [artworks] Bullets?

  • From: Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 19:23:59 +0000 (GMT)

In article <ab47924250.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ...and while on the subject, another keyboard shortcut that I really
> > miss is Ctrl-S to swap case. Any chance of including that in a future
> > upgrade?

> Yes, sounds reasonable.

Well, seeing as everyone else is coming up with a wish-list....

Today I had to go through a text area (600 words) changing each instance
of "Property" to become "Properties". Naturally I did an f4 to bring up
the search/replace dialogue. But of course it isn't there.

So then I saved out the text and did a search/replace in StrongEd, which
worked fine. But dragging the text back in to the text area (via the
clipboard) lost all the fonts and formatting, even the tabs and line
breaks for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong however.

It must be awkward for you, Martin, because of course the text area is a
supremely useful tool, but to bestow it with all the bells and whistles of
a word processor would be a huge amount of work. Because of course I might
want styles, the next person might want spellcheck, etc etc. Difficult to
know where to draw the line (excuse the pun).

I use ArtWorks on just about a daily basis, and more than half my work is
to create PDFs, many of them multi-page documents. The closer I get to
full-blown DTP, the more I should really go to Impression, but ArtWorks is
vastly superior in every other regard *except* when dealing with a load of
text.

A compromise might be the ability to save out the text with style
information (font size, tabs, justification) which you could then edit in
a full-spec application such as Impression or EasiWriter, then save it
back in to the text area. If RTF was the chosen file format, it could be a
subset of RTF: all unsupported features would be ignored. That would mean
you could prepare a complex document in EW, save it as RTF and pull it
into a text area in AW.

Of course you would want text areas which flowed over onto the next page.

...and so on and so on...

 ;-)

--
Kell Gatherer