Re: [artworks] Artefacts on Artistic Lines

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 00:27:53 +0200

In message <mpro.m6576o12ca1ip0lk1.tim@xxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24 Jun at 17:11, Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In article <0824e7a452.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
>> <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I may well have got something wrong but at the top of Richard's artefact
> was a point.  I observed this when I selected the shape and then did
> Menu > Lines/Shapes > Make shapes.  I selected this point, switched to
> Path editing and deleted it: the artefact vanished and the shape then
> seemed to me to be perfect.

Yes, that point *is* the artefact, so if you delete it, the artefact
is gone. Richard's question was how to avoid the artefact at an
earlier stage.

> It may well be that my use of 'Make shapes' does something else that
> will lead to other problems.

Yes, indeed. It turns the Artistic Line into a static shape, so you
can no longer just edit the center line and let ArtWorks update the
complex ribbon shape around it automatically.

It is a bit like using 'Make shapes' on a line of text. There is not
much of a visual difference, but you can no longer edit the text.