Re: [artworks] ArtWorks 2X, loading pdf's and !Scrap scrapdirs

  • From: Brian Bailey <bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:52:37 +0000 (GMT)

> > Since upgrading my system to NetSurf 2.6 and Netfetch 3.56 I find that
> > !Scrap.scrapdirs now contains directories ID35246801,ID49a16801 and the
> > original ScrapDir. I have no idea which application added the
> > sub-directories.

> That is not unusual and no reason for concern.

OK! Thanks.

> > I have been trying to load pds's into ArtWorks and it complains that it
> > can't find awtf in ID49a16801 and stalls at that point.

> Could you quote the exact error message please?

Something like 'ArtWorks couldn't find awtf in ScrapDir ID49a16801'.

However. I think I made a bit of a bog of the whole exercise. I 'thought'
that I had saved a single page out of a 52 page manual and loaded it into
ArtWorks. But, realised later that all I had done was save the 'whole'
file back with a different file name - 2.7 Mb.

I've re-run the exercise with the required 'single' page, and other pages,
and it seems to be working OK, with a copy of awtf in ScrapDir ID49a16801.

> What is the output of

> *Show Wimp$ScrapDir
> *info <Wimp$ScrapDir>
> *info <Wimp$ScrapDir>.ArtWorks
> *ex <Wimp$ScrapDir>.ArtWorks

> after the error has been reported?

I was only vaguely aware of those commands so couldn't say what errors
there were.

Thanks for your reply, Martin.

Brian