Re: [artworks] ArtWorks 2.7 released

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 23:26:23 +0200

In message <4ee38d7434smartmails@xxxxxxxx>
          Michael Gerbracht <smartmails@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <7c3167e34e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Sorry for suggesting more new features just as a new version comes out but it
> just came into my mind - and before I forget it...
>
> Did you ever think about extending the AWViewer as presentation program now
> that there are multipage documents possible with ArtWorks? I mean
> presentations like in Powerpoint - only limited to the ArtWorks facilities.

Yes, that is quite likely to happen. As soon as AWViewer supports
multi-page documents it is suitable for basic presentations already.

> The main features would be full screen support and keyboard control to go to
> the next and previous slide. In order to enhance the speed one could also
> think about prerendering the next and previous slide.

Yes, good point.

> Thinking further it might not be a big problem to introduce transitions
> between slides.

I do not think I want to go there. In my view, transitions do not
really add much to a presentation anyway. OHP2 does them well if you
really need them and OHP2 imports ArtWorks files.

> Or the option that only the bottom layer of one slide is shown until a
> key is pressed, than the next layer and so on so that a slide can
> build up slowly.

That is a great idea. There could even be a "Wait for keypress" option
for each layer, so you can control whether the viewer should stop
before showing this layer and wait for a keypress or not.