Re: [artworks] ArtWorks 1.7 - Recovering Fonts from floppy disks

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:17:56 GMT

In message <4f3e1e8c3bSteve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

> A task that is so far impossible!

> When I originally installed the fonts that came with ArtWorks v1.7, I
> only installed a small selection. I've now been trying to install some
> more, but with no success.

> The installation procedure appears to work to the point where the floppy
> containing the fonts is accessed - then the process errors with 'no
> memory available'.

> As I'm now running RO4.39 (Adjust) on a RPC-SA with 96+2mb memory & 19Gb
> hard disk, I've tried various tricks in case disk or machine memory
> calculations don't work correctly with large values - but no success. All
> the ArtWorks floppies containing font data appear to work OK - although
> No.9 seems to have disappeared.

I think I remember that reducing the available memory convinces the
installer to work. Try opening enough task windows to reduce available
memory to 4MB or so (3 or 4 or so on a machine limited to 26MB wimp
slots). Or create a very large RAM disc?

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!