Re: [artworks] Arrowheads in 2.82

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:46:29 +0100

Chris Terran wrote:
In message <4ff3c5f110j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John McCartney <j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <4902D765.6020202@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall
<cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
John McCartney wrote:
Today I've noticed that in the Arrowheads dialogue, the
'Internal' switch isn't working for a curved line. It's
fine for straight lines and, as far as I can tell, it's
the same for all the different arrowheads.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I think you're right. The Internal switch doesn't seem to
work for curved lines (AW 2.82).

Thanks, Clive. At least I know I haven't overlooked
something silly.

From the AW manual:

    However, the final path element carrying the arrowhead must be a
    straight line, not a curve, otherwise the Internal option has no
    effect.

Indeed. Hence my follow-up email to John -- is a line with just 2 control points created with the curved line tool not effectively a straight line?
--
C.B.