Re: [artworks] AWviewer does not view!

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:21:52 GMT

In message of 10 Jan, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, that is one of the points of background layers. They allow you
> put information in an illustration that is not really part of it,
> e.g., a version number or additional comments.
>
> Background layers are not considered part of the illustration.
> Background layers are not printed, not exported to bitmaps and not
> exported to PDF/SVG (unless you enable a special option). They are not
> displayed outside of ArtWorks.

Curious.  I spent some time going through the manuals to see if there
were any special features to background layers and could not see
anything about this.  (Obviously I may have missed the relevant passage
but I could not find any index to help.)

I even experimented by deleting the background layer to see what
happened and then recreating it: nowhere was there any flag or setting
to control this behaviour.

At least I now know what not to do.  Thanks.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/