Re: [artworks] 2 ideas

  • From: John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:46:31 +0100

On 08 Oct, Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <09FEC34A-6C2B-49CD-8A7A-EFD4B179A245@xxxxxxx>
>           Stuart Murden <sgmurden@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Another tool I've found handy on another mac drawing programme called
> > microdraft is the ability to create parallel lines. This works for
> > straight lines, circles and bezier curves.
>  have wanted this tool on Artworks or anything under Risc OS for...
> ages.    but sadly there is not enough demand

That (sort of) tool - and many similar - is part of !Apollonius that I used
recently to produce some mathematical figures by a strict formula. Apollonius
is quite distinctive in its mathematical way of working - but surely any CAD
program would offer *some* resources in this area. I'd also look at Rosemary
Miskin's !DrawLots and Joe Taylor's DrawBasic.

--
        John Cartmell   john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820
        Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527         www.finnybank.com