[artworks] Text not appearing in PDF export

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 01:41:45 +0100

Can anyone explain why the large numbers don't appear when the following
file is exported as a PDF?

   http://www.roast.iconbar.com/misc/sun.zip   [8K archive]

They only appear if "Export text as shapes" is ticked, which I'd rather
not do. "[Embed] Even standard fonts" doesn't help -- the font is
Homerton.Medium, which I think should map to Helvetica.

The numbers don't appear in any PDF reader I've tried: !PDF, GView,
RiScript, the built-in displayer on a Mac (which is GhostScript, I
think), Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator on a PC. They also don't turn up
in a text export from the PDF file.

Best, Chris

AW 2.61, RO 5.11 512MB

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com