[artworks] Reinstall oddity

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 18:55:35 +0100

Prompted by Martin's request for new arrowhead shapes, I tried loading
an arrowheads file from Illustrator to see what was in the
'competition'. It's an .AI file, which do sometimes load into AW.

There was an old-style error: "Ep05". I continued, but on trying to open
a new AW window I got this slightly scary message:

   Invalid licence.  Please reinstall ArtWorks 2.

AW then disappeared from the icon bar. However, reloading AW proceeded
normally, so no reinstall seemed to be required.

The sequence is entirely repeatable.

Although there seems to be no real problem, I thought it might be worth
reporting as it may indicate some memory corruption happening somewhere.

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com