[artworks] Problem with a geometric pattern

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArtWorks Mail list <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:27:48 +0100

I have been looking at "Dilation Symmetry" where a filled curved shape
is gradually reduced in size by being confined to lines radiating from
a central pattern (my example is based on the spiral). I started with
the full size curved shape that fits between the spiral. Cloning,
reducing the shape, rotating and re-positioning can give an
approximate idea but is a very inaccurate way of doing it and spacing
becomes a real problem (width of the shape become too big to fit the
available space as the curvature of the spiral becomes tighter). There
must be a better way of doing this - ideas please?

Example:
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~riscos/downloads/artworks/dilate.zip

Spiral from DrawLots (V2.36)
ArtWorks (V2.82)