[artworks] Problem with AW 2.93

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArtWorks Mail list <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 16:51:02 +0100

Thanks Martin for sending the 2.93 update (web address for downloading
it that is). I have a problem with Sprite Alpha masks.

When I export an AW graphic (16M colour Sprite with Alpha mask) into
Photodesk and overlay/fix over a jpeg the mask appears as a series of
bands over the whole image. I tried checking the masked sprite but the
only software I could check it against is Thump which also renders it
with the bands. AW version 8.2 (Masked background set in bitmap
export) renders it correctly apart from edge fringing. What is going on
here please?

I don't suppose the three most important 'Page commands' -
Insert/Before Current page and Duplicate could be displayed as icons
in ArtWorks's information bar - to the right of the quality icon
perhaps. What do you think? The new 'Duplicate' is very useful.

Regards

Richard