[artworks] PDF: When black isn't really black

  • From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 00:06:54 +0100

Hi,
  I've just tried exporting some AW drawings in PDF format, and for some
reason black (CMYK 0:0:0) is coming up as a dark grey in Adobe Reader.
According to Gimp, AR is rendering it as 0/13/0/87% C/M/Y/K rather than the
0/0/0/100% C/M/Y/K that's been set in ArtWorks.
  This is on AW2.57, and anything from a solid black rectangle up to a text
object will cause this issue. The only reason I'm complaining is because it's
cocking up the output when I feed it to the laser printer - more
specifically, it's showing nasty jaggies on the edges, and the printing looks
quite light compared to a text print.

  Is this an issue with AW2.57's PDF output module, or is it just Adobe
Reader being silly?

Thanks,
--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G ViewFinder
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx         | Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 512M+100G