[artworks] Overflow while transforming point

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:19:52 GMT

Here's a different one to me.  I am trying to print out a high
definition assembly of Sprites from ArtWorks 2.74.  The core sprite
started life as a scan saved in TIFF which I saved as a sprite and
turned vertical in Imagemaster (aka the horribly named Dplngscan).  For
some reasons I converted it to 8bit colour and processed it alright in
Draw but this did not print totally satisfactorily so I decided to kill
the 8bit problems with Artworks and converted it to 32bit in Imagemaster
and tried to load this into Artworks.  Artworks of course would not load
it at all when it was an 8bit image.

Anyhow this curious message appeared:

  Error outside ArtWorks 2

  Overflow while transforming point.  When you press Continue, the view
  will be closed to prevent further errors.

The sprite is a mere 54M.  The paper size is A2.  The machine is an
Iyonix with RISC OS 5.13 and 512M of RAM.

Is there anyway round this error?

PS: I have reverted to the original scan which was 32bit TIF, rotated it
    in Imagemaster and saved it as a sprite, now 123M in size.  This loaded
    into ArtWorks OK and could be moved around the work area.  But when I
    tried to reduce its size to fit on the paper, I got the same error as
    above.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/