[artworks] New image in ArtWorks Wiki gallery + Celtic knot tutorial

  • From: Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:29:51 GMT

Hi

I don't intend to announce every trivial change to the Wiki, but in an
attempt to generate some interest in it, I am mentioning my two latest
additions.

One is a somewhat more sophisticated Celtic knot than my first version, and
the other is a Celtic knot tutorial that makes basic knots very quick to
produce with Artworks, without having to worry about drawing grids. These
are in the Gallery and Tutorials sections respectively.

(A Google or Wikipedia search for 'Celtic knot' will give guidelines on how
to draw Celtic knots using 'grids', but the Artworks 'Cut path' tool
provides a way round this, saving us a bit of effort! The grid technique is
still going to be useful for some more complex knots, however.)

I also note that when downloading ArtWorks format files from the Wiki,
shift-clicking seems to work best. At present downloaded Artworks files are
being filetyped as text. Once downloaded you can reset the filetype to
something useful (D94) and view them, but if you just click on a link you
get a screenful of binary data, which is not very useful. (n.b. This is when
using a recent NetSurf build. Other browsers may behave differently.)

Corrected link: http://awwiki.philpem.me.uk/wiki/MainPage

Simon Smith
--
Have you heard of the International Obfuscated Perl Code Competition? Each
contestant is shown ten Perl programs - five that have been written normally