[artworks] Magnetic rectangles

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:27:34 GMT

I have a rectangle on a background layer which has been made magnetic.
In a foreground layer, I tried to align a graphic (JPEG) exactly in
the corner of the rectangle.

This doesn't appear to work quite as expected. I can successfully
'snap' to either the horizontal lines of the rectangle, or the
vertical -- but not *both*.

I tried aligning first to the horizontal edge, then holding down
Control (to constrain) and sliding the graphic sideways to the
vertical line, but the snapping didn't operate. And while doing this I
occasionally got an effect where the graphic would jump to a position
45 degrees away and would only move diagonally, which I suppose is
some odd interaction between Arranger and the constrain facility.

Is this a limitation of the Arranger module -- it can only snap to one
element at a time? Or am I missing something?

(I know I can get round the problem in various ways -- eg by
positioning the graphic using the Info box -- but the point of the
magnetic functionality is to avoid having to do that ;-) )

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!