[artworks] Joining Lines (or not)

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:25:47 GMT

I've just found myself working on a road map, using the technique of
overlaying two lines of differing widths to give the road plus edges.
This obviously means that the lines' control points sit directly over each
other.

One small niggle, which I've not found an answer to in the manual or on
here, is that when dragging a point, if it is dropped over the
corresponding point on the other line (which it always will be with the
above task), the two seem to join (I assume the same effect as closing a
shape).  I've managed to work around it for now, but is there a way to
stop this happening (and, indeed, is the effect that the two lines join
together as I've assumed -- I can't find a definitive statement in the
manual)?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/