[artworks] Is this an Artworks or a printer driver problem?

  • From: "Rob Hemmings (News)" <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:24:47 +0100

I have a poster that I have been trying to print on A3 paper using my
Canon S4500 inkjet printer and Gimp-print.  It was created with Artworks
version 2.61 and is very simple - just 4 lines of text in a text area and
an arrow underneath.  The text is a very large size - 173 point
NewHall.bold.

The problem I have is that, when printing, it misses out the letter e
which appears on the first and third lines of the text area.  (There are
no other occurrences of the letter e in the text.)  The only way I have
found to solve this is to print it once then create two letter e's in
exactly the right place, delete everything else and then print it again.
Are there any setting I can change anywhere to make this work better?

I'm using an Iyonix with RISC OS 5.11.

I wondered if it could be connected with font cache size but I've checked
that and set it to a max of 16,320kb and an initial size of 512kb so I
would have thought that was large enough?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

 Rob Hemmings                        Southport

 rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx