[artworks] Imported colour names

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 00:15:14 +0100

When importing an Illustrator file, should the colours used appear in
the colour bar?

The file in question looks fine. All the colours are correct, but there
are no entries for them in either the colour bar or the colour menu
(apart from extra "[Registration]" and "100% Black" entries).

Selecting a filled area gives the colour as "Unnamed" in the fill colour
info field. "Edit colour" and "OK" puts "New colour x" on the colour
bar, with the correct colour.

Unfortunately this means that you can't edit a colour and change all
same-hued areas, which you could do if the areas were given colour bar
entries.

(Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I thought Illustrator import *did* set
up colours once...?)

I've put the file here (7k):

  http://www.roast.iconbar.com/misc/leaf1.ai.gz

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com