[artworks] How to remove spurious font references?

  • From: Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:40:58 GMT

The Artworks sample file 'Flyer' (containing the text 'HEAVEN ON EARTH')
always warns me that it contains the AvantG.Demi font which /may/ be
replaced with Homerton.Medium. Except that as far as I can see, that font
isn't in use anywhere within the image. Is it? If it isn't, how do I stop
Artworks coming up with the spurious warning?

In similar vein, how does one determine which fonts actually are used within
a particular image? Is there a way to generate a list? Shift double-clicking
the file and extracting all readable strings is rather inelegant . . .

And can AvantG.Demi be obtained (legally) from anywhere? I've got a copy of
the Harry Decker font emporium on CD, er, somewhere. Is it on that?

Historically, what fonts were provided with ArtWorks1? I know a copy of
AvantG.Book is provided with AW2 just to prevent the bulk of 'Font not
available' errors - apart from AvantG.Demi, were there any others? I would
be interested in obtaining the whole set, mostly for completeness, if I can
do so easily.

Simon Smith
--
The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence.
Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is