[artworks] How to close this shape?

  • From: Bernard Boase <b.boase@xxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 00:40:26 GMT

I just wrote some DrawScript code which produces a drawfile containing
a superellipse shape. On this first attempt I draw the four quadrants
separately but the outcome is in fact one path in Draw.

On importing that into AW I was surprised that the shape doesn't have
an "inside" (to be coloured). The shift-F1 Line/Shape info dialoge
says (under Computer area) "not closed", so that must be the reason --
but why?

Given that such a shape has rather a lot of closely spaced points,
it's only possible to investigate the indivdual points near the
"joins" (of the quadrants) by first Scaling the shape and then Zooming
in maximally. But even doing that fails to make clear why the shape is
not closed, or suggest how it might be closed.

Can anyone suggest what I might try?

--
Bernard